Bike tour packing list
Have you ever wondered what to take and how to pack for a stunning Fresh Eire Adventure? Look no further – Mathieu, our intern from La Rochelle Business School, will guide you through the process. While this list is not exhaustive it is a good benchmark.
Remember, the key here is ‘less is more’! Please pack sensibly – our guides really appreciate it when you travel with less luggage: ideally, one carry-on suitcase per person and one shared full-size suitcase per couple. It’s also a good idea to bring a folded soft duffel bag in your suitcase to help carry home any items you might purchase on your trip.
- Health insurance details
- Prescription sunglasses
- Cell phone, tablet/laptop, camera and peripherals
- Power adaptors
- Chamois cream(prevents against chafing)
- Cycling shorts
- Sports socks
- Warm sweater
- Light rain jacket and pants
- Bike shoes
- Pair of sneakers
- 2 elegant outfits (shirts, dress, trousers, sport jacket*)
- Pair of elegant shoes
- 2 regular and comfortable outfits (t-shirt, pants/shorts)
- 1 pair of sandals
- Regular socks
- Razor/shaver and cable
- Tooth brush
- Toothpaste, dental floss
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tiger Balm
- Travel hairdryer**
- Hair irons (if you use them)
- Sun protection
- Your own bike seat, pedals, helmet
- Sun hat/cap
Remember our hybrid and e-bikes come with a rear-mounted pannier bag where you can put your camera, cell phone, and rain jacket. We also supply water bottles (but it’s a good idea to bring your own energy drink if you like to use these). We also provide helmets.
* Some formal restaurants we visit require gents to wear a sports jacket or sports coat. We’ll advise you before your trip if you need to bring one.
** All our preferred hotels have hairdryers in their rooms; you might need a travel hair dryer for your pre or post hotel choices however.
*** All our Deluxe hotels offer top quality amenities; some of our Classic level hotels use generic amenities. You might like to bring your own shampoo.