Fresh Eire Adventures easy bike tour showcases the best of Margaret River, Perth, the bush, wineries, gastronomy and beaches in a fun, safe and unique way. The Margaret River Gourmet Bush Adventure is a unique fully guided and supported bike tour offering the best of bike routes and relaxation!
Starting and ending in Perth, Western Australia - the largest most remote city in the world - this region of outstanding natural unspoilt beauty is an Adventurer's paradise.
Not only does the region possess some of the worlds top beaches, but there is a thriving wine industry and culture of gastronomy. Together with its quiet back roads and bike paths, Margaret River offers the bike traveller a unique and authentic experience.
We stay for six nights in a combination of luxury Eco Lodges and authentic luxury Guest Houses not far from the centre of the town of Margaret River. We dine in a wonderful variety of restaurants and gourmet cafes. Here our days start at sunrise for practical reasons. During summer temperatures can often reach 100F in the afternoon. Therefore, we like to do a morning and late afternoon ride and take a long leisurely lunch. We also visit several wineyards and artisan producers of chocolate, cheese and exotic meat products (Emu and Marron for example). We also go deep underground to visit the majestic caves. While it appears we're missing out on the sunshine, we're also acutely aware of the safety issues surrounding a bike tour in W.A. - your safety and enjoyment is paramount to us.
In W.A. we also offer pre-breakfast yoga; something which our Guests have found to be in keeping with the health-conscious attitude of the region. We will also learn all about the bush from a local expert on flora and fauna. Western Australia's bushflowers and plants are known all over the world for their medicinal qualities so a bush walk will be entertaining as well as educational!
Australia is the fourth largest wine exporter in the world and only around 40% of their wine produced is imbibed by Australians. Often compared to the Bordeaux region in France because of its similar growing climate, Margaret River has some really unique wineries to visit but also has some serious breweries which should appeal to the beer drinkers.
We complete several loops by bike traversing the region several times along quiet roads and paths with few hills. Occasionally we will venture off paved roads to unsealed paths. Average daily biking is 22 miles with plenty of additional riding options available for keen cyclists.
Dates Western Australia
Any start dates available upon request (subject to availability)
Prices Western Australia
- Classic: US$7,995 pps. Single supplement US$800
Classic accommodations include luxury Guest Houses, B&Bs, and luxury eco-lodges.
Included Western Australia
- Use of hybrid bike and helmet. More about our bikes
- Transfers from/to Perth airport/city centre hotel on start/end day
- 4 exquisite dinners & wine
- 3 gourmet lunches & wines
- Admissions to all included attractions & tastings
- Daily yoga option
- Guided bush walk
- Baggage transfers
- Tips for hotels/restaurants
- Healthy snacks, water, full guiding services, support vehicle.
- 6 nights B&B in luxury Guest Houses, B&Bs and Luxury Eco Lodges
Extras Western Australia
- Upgrade to a carbon road bike or e-bike at extra cost. More about our bikes
- Self-guided extension packages available in Auckland, Sydney, Perth or Melbourne (3 nights from as low as $1299 pps; flights not included).
- Gratuities for guides
- Your flights to and from Perth, Western Australia
- Travel Insurance
Air Travel Western Australia
- Perth has a mid-sized efficient international airport. Most flights from the USA and Canada however are via Sydney or Melbourne International, much larger airports but very easy to navigate. From Europe most flights will be via Asia (Bangkok or Singapore) and will fly directly to Perth.
- From your home country, if a direct Perth service is unavailable, it is advisable to travel into Sydney/Melbourne and take then take a flight to Perth. Qantas is our preferred domestic operator in Australia and we highly recommend them.
- If availing of an extension or Combination Trip then we advise you to explore the Open Jaw airfares many airlines offer (eg. fly into one airport and out of another) so that you can maximize your time on vacation and not double back on yourself.
- Another option might be to investigate Round The World airfares; these offer excellent value for money and require that you keep movingin the same direction. Sample routing might be: New York – Los Angeles – Christchurch – Sydney – Perth – Bangkok – London – New York. Surprisingly, sometimes these fares work out cheaper than standard round-trip fares to New Zealand and Australia, especially when you factor in additional internal flights. It’s also a great way to build up your airmiles! The One World Alliance for example (featuring British Airways, American Airlines and Qantas) and Star Alliance (featuring Air New Zealand, United, Continental, Air Canada, Thai Airways) make the experience as seamless as possible.