Discover Ireland's countryside close to Dublin on a guided biking vacation with Fresh Eire Adventures. Includes local guides, van support, bikes, hotels & most meals. Kildare and West Wicklow are not on the tourist trail and so offer a unique experience to the traveller expecting to meet locals, far removed from the tourism hubs. We do however start off riding with a trip to the monastic site at Glendalough. There is plenty to see and experience on this bike trip; local characters, the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland, magnificent celtic crosses, round towers, fantastic bike routes - this is area one of Ireland’s best kept secrets (ask Clint Eastwood next time you see him!). This authentic 5 night, 6 day Adventure is available as both a Deluxe and Classic package.
Day 1 & 2
We meet in Dublin Airport or in Dublin city centre and transfer to the beautiful Wicklow mountains where we bike (mostly downhill!) to our first hotel where we spend two nights and discover the Garden of Ireland by day.
The riding in this region is suberb. It can be hilly but we have designed the tour in such a way that when we encounter steep hills we either go around them or can offer a ride in our every trusty Fresh Eire Adventures support vehicle. You'll be sharing the road with some sheep in this region and expect to see beautiful heathers and gorse among the many flowering shrubs. On our second day's biking we visit the beautiful and tranquil St Kevin's Monastery in Glendalough.
After breakfast in our third day we'll bike towards Co Kildare and the quaint village of Ballymore where we'll stop for lunch in the award winning Ballymore Inn. After lunch we'll take the backroads to Naas, the largest town in County Kildare. We spend our third night in this buzzing, cosmopolitan market town, near the famous Curragh and Punchestown horse racing tracks.
Day 4 & 5
We'll visit the Museum of Style Icons in Newbridge Silverware after breakfast on our fourth day and cycle along country roads passing stud farms and quaint villages. County Kildare is the epicentre of race horse breeding and we'll visit the National Stud to hear about all the famous world beating horses Ireland has produced over the years.
Our fourth and fifth nights are then spent in the West Wicklow town of Dunlavin. By day we shall cycle the small country roads of this quaint region steeped in historic sights, medieval castles and celtic high crosses.
On our fifth day together we'll visit the medieval village of Castledermot to see ornate celtic crosses, a Norman round tower, a magnificent ruined Franciscan Abbey and, nearby, the majestic Kilkea Castle - the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland. We will take lunch in the quirky High Cross Inn, a place Clint Eastwood frequents when he's in the neighbourhood - the owners even named the bar after him (The Clint Eastwood Saloon). On our final night together we'll all dine in style at Rathsallagh House.
After breakfast on our sixth morning, we'll transfer you to either Dublin city centre or Dublin Airport.
Average daily biking is 30 miles (additional riding is available to those so inclined, less riding is also an option – this is your vacation; not bootcamp!)
Great value extension packages available in exciting cities like Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Cork. You can avail of these either as a pre-trip or post-trip option.
Any start dates available upon request (subject to availability)
- Classic: US$3400 pps. Single supplement US$500
- Deluxe: US$4400 pps. Single supplement US$800
Classic accommodations include 3 star hotels and guest houses. Deluxe accommodations include 4 star hotels.
- Use of hybrid bike and helmet. More about our bikes
- Transfers from/to Dublin airport (or city centre) start/end day
- 4 exquisite dinners & wine
- 3 gourmet lunches & wines
- Admissions to all included attractions & tastings
- Baggage transfers
- Tips for hotels/restaurants
- Healthy snacks, water, full guiding services, support vehicle.
- 5 nights B&B in 3 & 4 star (Classic), 4 & 5 star (Deluxe) hotels (Full Irish & Continental breakfast)
- Upgrade to a carbon road bike or e-bike at extra cost. More about our bikes
- Self-guided extension packages available in Galway, Dublin.
- Gratuities for guides
- Golf club hire (you are welcome to bring your own of course!)
Additional Guided services or Fresh Eire Adventures packages.
Co. Wicklow Escape (ex Dublin)
- Includes gourmet lunch at Powerscourt, visit to Monastic site of Glendalough, Dinner and Irish dancing show at the world famous Johnny Fox's 'Hooley Nights'.
- Pick up Shelbourne 9am, Return 10.30pm.
- Includes full guiding services, gourmet lunch in Powerscourt, dinner & Irish dancing show at Johnny Fox's and all entrance fees.
- $399 per person.
- $749 per couple.
- $999 for group of 3 persons.
- $1149 for group of up to 4 persons
- $279 per person thereafter
Advance booking is required.
Spa or Golf in the K Club* (ex Dublin)
- Includes green fees on Arnold Palmer designed Ryder Cup (2006) course, clubhouse lunch, Buggy rental, all transfers. Clubs may be hired for an additional charge. If you’d prefer to spend the day in the spa, then the package includes 2 treatments and an all day pass including lunch. Additional treatments may be booked for an additional charge.
- $699 single
- $1199 per couple
- $1799 for group of 3 persons
- $2199 or a group of 4 persons.
*Advance Booking is required, Subject to availability. Four players maximum per tee time. Additional players must book an additional tee-time.
Day trip to Waterford and Kilkenny (ex Dublin)
- Includes visit to Waterford Crystal Museum, Reginald’s Tower, gourmet lunch in Mount Juliet Estate, walking tour of Kilkenny Castle, Museum of Design Icons at Newbridge Silver.
- $799 single
- $1299 per couple
- $1899 for a group of 3 persons
- $2299 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at $549 per person.
Advance Booking is required.
Day trip to Cliffs of Moher & The Burren (ex Dublin, ex Shannon or Galway)
- Includes Guided Day trip to the world famous Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Pulonabrone, Kilfenora, pub lunch, all entrance fees.
- Departs Dublin city centre 9am, return 7.30pm
- $399 single
- $749 per couple
- $999 for a group of 3 persons
- $1199 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at $200 per person.
Advance Booking is required.
Day trip to Inis Mor, Aran Islands (ex Dublin)
- Includes Guided day trip to Inis Mor (the largest of the Aran Islands) entrance to Dun Aengus, bike hire, transfers from/to Galway city centre, lunch at Padraigin's Thatched Cottage, time for shopping in the Aran Sweater Market.
- Departs Dublin City Centre 7.30am, Shannon Airport 8.30am, return Dublin 8pm
- $499 single
- $899 per couple
- $1199 for a group of 3 persons
- $1499 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at $300 per person.
Advance Booking is required.
Click here to see the Galway hotel recommendations
Click here to see the Galway restaurants recommendations
Click here to see the recommended attractions, hotels and restaurants of Waterford
Click here to see the recommended 3 attractions in Dublin
Click here to read about Ashford Castle Estate
Click here to read about the history of Ballynahinch Castle
Click here to read about Grace O'Malley, the pirate queen
Click here to read about Ballyfin Demense, the ultimate in Irish luxury