Choose whatever suits you: comfortable do-it-all hybrid, fast and light road bike or the little extra boost of an e-bike...
Tips and tricks for longer riding enjoyment
- Cadence - Cadences above 50 revolutions per minute optimise the efficiency of the drive unit. In contrast, very slow pedalling is very costly in terms of energy.
- Weight - The mass should be minimised by keeping the total weight of the bicycle and luggage from being unnecessarily high.
- Starting & braking - As with a car, frequent starting and stopping is less economical than long distances at almost constant speed.
- Gear shifting - Correct shifting also makes eBiking more efficient: It is best to start off and take inclines in a low gear, then shift to a higher gear in accordance with the terrain and speed. The on-board computer provides shift recommendations.
- Tyre pressure - Rolling resistance can be minimised by correct tyre pressures. Tip: In order to maximise the range, inflate the tyres to the maximum permissible tyre pressure.
- Motor performance indicator - Monitor the motor performance indicator of the Nyon, Intuvia and Kiox on-board computer and adapt your riding style accordingly. A longer bar means higher power consumption.
- Rechargeable battery & temperature - With decreasing temperature, the efficiency of a rechargeable battery is reduced, as the electrical resistance increases. In the winter, you can therefore expect a reduction in the normal range.
Or bring your own bike
Ship your own bike in advance of your tour start date and our local mechanic will build it up and break it down for you.
We recommend that your bike is fully serviced and checked over by a qualified bike mechanic before shipping in a bike box to the start point of your tour. Our team will assemble the bike in advance of the tour, typically the day before. You must also pay for your empty bike box to be transferred to the finishing point of the tour, typically by taxi, where our team will break down the bike and pack it up in your bike box, ready for shipping home. The $150 fee covers unpacking, assembly, disassembly and packing of the bike, and transporting the bike during the tour. While we are happy to facilitate any repairs and maintenance during the tour, this will be charged separately.
- Available on all tours for US$150 supplement, plus cost of bike box transfer at the end of the trip from the first hotel to the final hotel