A golf and bike tour of Ireland which combines guided and supported cycling, with playing golf. It's a fabulous way to see the countryside and also to play the best golf courses! We use a combination of the finest Parkland and Links courses on one part of the day and then switch out to cycling after lunch. There's something for everyone on these trips. We also include our usual array of cultural features, fine dining and sample the best of Irish whiskeys, beers and ciders along the way. We are keen to share our extensive knowledge of Ireland's gastronomic scene and, while we don't have a native wine industry, we certainly have a fine wine culture and an appreciation which may surprise you! Using only our carefully curated four and five star luxury hotels you will be spoiled by the "cead mile failte" (or "one hundred thousand welcomes') of Ireland as you relax in your Deluxe properties at night.
This fabulous 5-night, 6-day adventure is available as a Deluxe package.
We meet in Dublin Airport or in Dublin city centre in the morning and transfer to our first hotel in Co Kildare where we spend our first night at Ireland’s premier Golf Resort, the Kildare Hotel & Country Club.
On our first day, after a delicious lunch at the K Club, we enjoy an afternoon round of golf on the Arnold Palmer designed course.
The Palmer Ryder Cup Course is, quite simply, one of Europe's most spectacular courses. It charms, it entices and invariably, brings out the very best in your game. It is unlikely that you will be asked to tackle the course from the championship tees, but this should in no way diminish the excitement of pitting your wits against Arnold Palmer, for, in a sense, this is precisely what you are about to do. Ranked regularly in the top 3 parkland golf courses in Ireland, this Palmer designed golf haven is a must play 'badge of honour' that has hosted the top golf players in the world. The Ryder Cup in 2006 and 11 European Opens testify the importance of The Palmer Ryder Cup Course to European Golf.
You will have ample time to explore the grounds of this magnificent hotel before we meet for dinner. While the Kildare Hotel & Country Club offers world class golf, there are activities as diverse as a dedicated Kids Club, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, horse back riding, falconry, and walking for all members of the family to enjoy.
Art lovers will be particularly delighted to know the collection house at the K Club spans a number of centuries and is an essential part of what gives The K Club its authentic Irish atmosphere. The focus of many of the pieces has a slight, yet not always obvious, equestrian theme. However, the undoubted jewel of The K Club's art collection is the Yeats Room dedicated to Ireland’s greatest painter, Jack B Yeats (1871-1957). The room is hung with some of the finest masterpieces ever painted in this country and is widely regarded as the most complete collection of works by Yeats in private ownership in Ireland.
On your first night you will dine in style at the majestic Byerley Turk restaurant in the main house. The Byerley Turk was awarded 3 AA Rosettes, a standard it has maintained since 1993. This restaurant is one of only three 3 AA Rosette holders in the country and under the direction of Executive Chef, Finbar Higgins and his team, the restaurant offers exemplary, innovative food and menus.
The following morning, after a leisurely breakfast, we ride on our bikes to the nearby town of Naas and enjoy lunch in the small village of Twomilehouse for lunch in the Brown Bear. In the afternoon we'll ride past the famous Punchestown racecourse and check into our second hotel, Rathsallagh House near the County Wicklow village of Dunlavin. We'll stay here for two nights and you can look forward to an authentic Irish welcome from the Flynn family. Tonight we'll have dinner in the adjoining golf club, a wonderful parkland course.
On our third morning, after breakfast, you will enjoy a round of golf on the magnificent parkland estate. Designed by Christy O'Connor Jnr and Peter McEvoy the golf course at Rathsallagh has rapidly taken its place as one of the top golf courses in Ireland. Measuring 7200 yards from the Medal Tees Rathsallagh is one of the best laid out courses you could play, several lakes and small streams meander their way across the fairways creating a USPGA feel about the design and the greens are immaculate to putt on. The undulating countryside creates the perfect golf terrain which proves a great test for golfers but is fair to all.
Around noon, we'll ride our bikes to Hollywood and have lunch and a pint in the award-winning Hollywood Inn. We'll return to Rathsallagh, passing through the village of Dunlavin along quiet country roads. Look forward to a magnificent meal tonight - local Co Wicklow lamb is a speciality.
The fourth morning we will bike across the county border into Castledermot to meet a local historian. Together we will visit the 13th century Franciscan Abbey, the 9th century St Diarmuid’s monastery, the Norman round towers and celtic high crosses in the village. Following lunch in the quaint, yet delicious, Mad Hatter Cafe we will then cycle to the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland, Kilkea Castle, which dates back to 1180. In the afternoon you will enjoy a round of golf in the historic setting of the castle estate.
We will then transfer to Mount Juliet in County Kilkenny which will be our home for the next two nights where you can look forward to a series of magnificent meals in opulent surroundings. Dinner tonight is on your own - we recommend either Kendals or the Presidents Bar on the estate.
Mount Juliet House is an architectural gem. Beyond the classical doorway of the main house, guests are drawn into an impressive entrance hall that pays tribute to 18th-century craftsmanship. Here the original features are complemented by a large mural, which celebrates the equine tradition and heritage of the estate and the surrounding countryside. Operating as a luxury hotel since 1989, a feeling of period opulence surrounds you.
On our fifth day we can enjoy golf on the estate, an 18 hole championship standard par-53 putting course with lakes, bunkers and bridges of which Pádraig Harrington, three-time major champion says “A tremendous layout and one of the best-conditioned courses in the whole of Great Britain and Ireland.”
After lunch on your own, in the afternoon we will explore the area’s ideal biking roads and visit the many local attractions such as Jerpoint Abbey, Woodstock Gardens. Dinner tonight is in the main house of Mount Juliet, The Lady Helen Restaurant, where you will enjoy panoramic views over the estate and River Nore. Here a variety of international dishes are prepared using local produce and fresh herbs, picked daily from the estate's own herb garden. Gourmet dining and superb service are complemented by the opulent ambience in this Two AA Rosette awarded restaurant.
After breakfast on our sixth morning together we will transfer to the nearby medieval centre of the Marble City of Kilkenny before transferring by first class train back to Dublin.
Great value extension packages available in exciting cities like Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Cork. You can avail of these either as a pre-trip or post-trip option.
Dates Best Of Golf & Bike
Any start dates available upon request (subject to availability)
Prices Best Of Golf & Bike
- Deluxe: US$4800 pps. Single supplement US$800
Included Best Of Golf & Bike
- Use of hybrid bike and helmet. More about our bikes
- Transfer from Dublin Airport or Dublin City Centre on start day
- First Class train to Dublin Heuston from Kilkenny on end day
- 4 exquisite dinners & wine
- 4 gourmet lunches & wines
- Admissions to all included attractions & tastings
- Green Fees on four days
- Baggage transfers
- Tips for hotels/restaurants
- Healthy snacks, water, full guiding services, support vehicle.
- 5 nights B&B in luxurious 4 & 5 star hotels (Full Irish & Continental breakfast)
Extras Best Of Golf & Bike
- Upgrade to a carbon road bike or e-bike at extra cost. More about our bikes
- Self-guided extension packages available in Galway, Dublin.
- Gratuities for guides
- Golf club hire (you are welcome to bring your own of course!)
Additional Guided services or Fresh Eire Adventures packages.
Co. Wicklow Escape (ex Dublin)
- Includes gourmet lunch at Powerscourt, visit to Monastic site of Glendalough, Dinner and Irish dancing show at the world famous Johnny Fox's 'Hooley Nights'
- Pick up Shelbourne 9am, Return 10.30pm
- Includes full guiding services, gourmet lunch in Powerscourt, dinner & Irish dancing show at Johnny Fox's and all entrance fees
- US$399 per person
- US$749 per couple
- US$999 for group of 3 persons
- US$1149 for group of up to 4 persons
- US$279 per person thereafter
Advance booking is required.
Day trip to Waterford and Cork (ex Kilkenny)
- Includes visit to Waterford Crystal Museum, Reginald’s Tower, visit to Middleton Distillery, Cork's English Market, Walking tour of Cork City Centre, Shandon Bells, First Class train to Dublin Heuston.
- US$799 single
- US$1299 per couple
- US$1899 for a group of 3 persons
- US$2299 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at US$549 per person.
Advance Booking is required.
Day trip to Cliffs of Moher & The Burren (ex Dublin)
- Includes Guided Day trip to the world famous Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Pulonabrone, Kilfenora, pub lunch, all entrance fees.
- Departs Dublin city centre 9am, return 7.30pm
- US$399 single
- US$749 per couple
- US$999 for a group of 3 persons
- US$1199 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at US$200 per person.
Advance Booking is required.
Day trip to Inis Mor, Aran Islands (ex Dublin)
- Includes Guided day trip to Inis Mor (the largest of the Aran Islands) entrance to Dun Aengus, bike hire, transfers from/to Galway city centre, lunch at Padraigin's Thatched Cottage, time for shopping in the Aran Sweater Market.
- Departs Dublin City Centre 7.30am, return Dublin 8pm
- US$499 single
- US$899 per couple
- US$1199 for a group of 3 persons
- US$1499 for a group of 4 persons
- Additional Guests charged at US$300 per person.
Advance Booking is required.