Beef And Guinness Stew
A classic Irish dish, perfect for cold autumn evening! Serves four.
- 200ml of Guinness
- 400g beef, diced into one inch chunks
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 1 large celery - diced
- 1 large parsnip - diced
- 1 litre of beef stock
- sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- champ potato (creamed mash potato and Spring Onion)
- Stir fry the beef, add the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Then pour the guinness, and reduce by half.
- Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between half an hour and an hour and a half.
- Serve with the champ potato and honey roast carrot and parsnip.
Tip: Stew is always better made one day in advance.